Jesus, Lover of My Soul

Text: Charles Wesley, 1707-1788
Music: Joseph Parry, 1841-1903
Tune: ABERYSTWITH, Meter: 77.77 D


   Jesus, lover of my soul,
let me to thy bosom fly,
while the nearer waters roll,
while the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Savior, hide,
till the storm of life is past;
safe into the haven guide;
O receive my soul at last.

2.
Other refuge have I none,
hangs my helpless soul on thee;
leave, ah! leave me not alone,
still support and comfort me.
All my trust on thee is stayed,
all my help from thee I bring;
cover my defenseless head
with the shadow of thy wing.

3.
Thou, O Christ, art all I want,
more than all in thee I find;
raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is thy name,
I am all unrighteousness;
false and full of sin I am;
thou art full of truth and grace.

4.
Plenteous grace with thee is found,
grace to cover all my sin;
let the healing streams abound,
make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art,
freely let me take of thee;
spring thou up within my heart;
rise to all eternity.

I still remember this hymn that I played in church last time, yeah a
few years back.
This hymn is the very first hymn that I played in my
entire life.
Well, I start to appreciate hymn more when I have not
many chances to sing them.


Bad news and good news: next week is the last time I can give tuition
to Damee--- a 12 year’s old beautiful Korean girl. It's a joy to tutor
her although I have to travel all the way to Ampang. Hopefully she
absorbed everything I taught her.

It's been tough for me last week and it's going to be even tougher
this week, assignments due, reports submissions, presentations, and
even a seminar to held. Indeed I'm trying to fulfill everything and
to attend everything. Guess I’ve been used up 120 percents of my all
150 percents. 150 percents? Yes, I always think that I have more
energy than others and always think that I am capable of doing
everything within a limited time. Activity comes after one another.
NON-STOP. Setting priority, time management, what should come first...
fuhh!! CoffeeS to reward and to give ummph to myself. I don’t
understand, I keep craving for coffee lately, yea… but phyllis, not
to that extend lar!! 2 cups in a shot and you want more?? Apu… and
I still can’t get enough of it! Oh well, I got stressed up when I think
that I’m not capable of finishing everything according to my own
standard. Akai... Fast paced, but I need to be even faster! Still
believing that I can do it. I was really down at some moments, but
God reminded me to trust in Him. Just like this Hymn, “Other refuge
have I none, hangs my helpless soul on thee; leave, ah! leave me not
alone, still support and comfort me. All my trust on thee is stayed,
all my help from thee I bring; cover my defenseless head with the
shadow of thy wing.”
Wonderfully written isn’t it. Despite of the
hectic-ness and tiredness, I’m so banyak banyak blessed by the people
around me. Hmmm… feel so spoilt! : P I just feel so thankful and so glad
I have companions to walk with me and the supports given. Praise the
Lord! I learned to appreciate and be thankful this week. Appreciate all
of 'em, everyone, every moment and everthing. I have more than one
water tap at home, and what? yeh, the pineapple story.
Owh yea! I finally have the gut to drive around this city. Ok lar.. I know
it’s
nothing to be proud of. hehe.. But I’m! a biit?? Kekeke..
Alrite, me have to rest. Ok... me NEED to rest. My sorethroat is getting
worst... Sleep phylli, sleep tight...zzZZzzZZZzzzZ

2 comments

  1. SNAKE HUNTERS on 12:50 PM

    God loves a balance

    He made angel and devil

    These two prance about

    www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

     
  2. Anonymous on 3:27 PM

    we all need a balance, phylli... even the most zaniest of people need to be quiet sometimes, to think, to reflect... to hear our own heartbeat, to listen to our inner voice... Believe me, it works wonders - it's like your soul is finally at peace with itself.