Blog can kill. It hurts people when you aren't cautious enough. It announces things. We never know who is reading it. We never know how people interpret things. You may misunderstand what I blogged. I might be talking about one thing or person, but yet other people might thought that it is talking about another thing and another person. So, in the end another person gets the hurt. Blog let one express him or herself in her or his own words. As a reader, you be thankful to be able to read and know more about that person. But if you got anything to say, leave something in the comment box la, or talk straight away in her or his face.

Sometimes, people don’t seem the same ... as what they wrote in their blog. I mean... their blog doesn't portray what they are in real life. Or, they can express much much more through their blog and shows the real them. Nobody to talk to, talk to the blog. Some people would just wanna sit quietly and tell their stories. Well, I think it makes one know more about themselves when they blog.

It is hard to avoid getting too personal when blogging. So I keep a journal too. It's good to write things down. We can listen to our inner voice and know what is within our heart. Sometimes, we just buried them deep down and shut them up. Sometimes, I just feel good to write things down in a journal. You see yourself through it.

2 comments

  1. Sarah.... on 6:43 PM

    Hi Phylli! How are your holidays going? I agree with what you wrote. I keep a personal diary (pen and paper) too, and it's really the only safe place I can truly pour out myself without having to think of how people may respond. As you said, blogging can become very personal and there's always the tendency to reveal too much of yourself in your writings. If you're too honest, you expose yourself. If you lie, you create a false reality. And somehow, knowing who reads your blog limits what you write.

    I like your post.

     
  2. Anonymous on 3:33 PM

    my dear phylli and sarah... i'm quite heartened that we all share similar sentiments about this... that we hope to balance being transparent with presenting a poor facade of who we are. It reflects maturity, in my opinion. Am so proud of you two... big hugs!