"I think you will be very good working with NGOs"
"I think you will be very good working with NGOs, it will definitely suits you"

People say third times a charm. But this... God knows how many times that I have heard this. Anyway, it does linger around my brain cells for a quite a while. I am going to India this July. Yes I am very sure that I am more than excited. Friends gave me that one-eye-brow-standing-mouth-wide-opened-look and ask me why. I want to go to see more especially the Dalits. The IDEA of going to India triggered 2 years ago when my CCF mentor from MCCC(Malaysian Campus Crusade for Christ) told us that it will be good for us to go out of Malaysia for mission trip at least once. I did suggested India... but it didn't happen. They went to Indonesia. Well... its also another country that starts with the same 2 letters-IN. Oops.. no the first 3 letters-IND and ends with the same 2 letters-IA. I didn't manage to go because of my internship which was on the third trimester of the academic year ALSO the same trimester that they went to INDonesIA.

"India? for fun ah? Vacation?" Definitely not for fun. Oh well, I can't take fun out of my dictionary. Everything I do I bring fun into it that I can work better. Look... I want to feel them. I want to know what happening on the other side of the world. At least I get exposed to those. Mission... how does it like doing mission in other country. I heard, read many stories of people working in mission field, touches lives and all sorts. Colours. The richness of the colour trills me.

What can I do? I am just mere human.

Going all the way will make me pay at least MYR2500 for air ticket. MYR 1750 for registration which includes my accommodation and food. Where are my getting these money? I am not rich
or anything. Who would spare that much of money and give it to me and say here you go, these are the money you need for the trip. They don't get anything by doing so, and they probably think this young ciku is not gonna make any difference going to India. God is good. A friend of mine allocated 1700 alone for this trip. Another 2 CG friends of mine giving 300. I never worried about the money. I don't know how it's gonna come by... but I think it will. =)

I had a friend who just passed away during the chinese new year. Shocking news indeed. He went mental and he was weak... and he passed away in this pathetic place. He was serving in church with me in the same fellowship. We sang together, mamak together. I wonder where he would be. It saddens me. It still does. He was young. 3 years ago, another friend of mine passed away during that chinese new year too. One at 26 another at 22. Life is too short. I have much more in life to do. I am young, I have the energy.
I got to do this while I still have life.

I filled 2 forms for application. One with all my details, pastor's details, church leader's details. Another one is some health condition thinge that says whether I am fit to go. Submitted last Monday and I missed out so many columns. The dates, signature... and stuffs.*Kan cheong* I was given 2 choices for places that I want to go. But... I left the second column blank. I am the first to be in the India list. fuuh... do you know how nervous can that be? *takes a deep breath* They will call up uncle wong. Woohoo!

Another thing. Jabs... okay the right word should be vaccination for the trip. I searched and checked... It is advisable to have all these vaccines: Hepatitis A, B, Typhoid, Rabies, Japanese Encephalitis, Polio... and don't know what yellow fever... Can't really remember whether I took any of these. Hepatitis A and B... mmaaaaybee... if yes, then it was like 5 years ago. Gosh. Please advise if I missed out anything else. There are so many other choices rather than India. There are Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and many more. Aren't those even more revealing? You get to see funkey Japanese, cool taiwanese... Well... frankly speaking, I have no idea. But I live comfortably, see and meet cool people everyday. Maybe it was the 2-years-ago-going-India thing that makes me wanna go even more? I haven't apply any leave for that but I am very sure that I need to go. Somehow it is the urge.


I may not be making a big impact in that 2 weeks, and I may not know how will it be after the trip... but I will surely see things differently. Probably I can find my life purpose. If you are a doctor, sponsor me those vaccinations would be more than enough. I wonder how are my going to take those ouch-es!
Bangalore. I am coming.


0 comments